Message from the Program Director
Since 1973, the Humanities PhD Program has served Concordia University as a premier site of innovative research, providing students with opportunities to pursue interdisciplinary projects across fields in the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Fine Arts. In 2007, the Humanities PhD Program became part of the newly created Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Society and Culture. Browse our site for information about the Humanities program for prospective students and current students, the scholarly and creative projects of Humanities students, the accomplishments of our alumni, and the wide range of expertise of Humanities associated faculty. Visuals throughout the site are of publications and artwork by Humanities students, alumni, and associated faculty. We look forward to seeing you at the varied activities of CISSC and its Humanities program events.
- Dr. Mona Tajali, Ph.D. in Humanities has accepted a post-doctoral research post at the School of Interdisciplinary Studies (Middle East Studies Program), St. Anthony's College, Oxford University.
- Dr. Sorouja Moll, Ph.D.in Humanities has accepted a position as Lecturer, Drama and Speech Communication, University of Waterloo.
- Accoloades to Erin Manning, Assoc. Prof. in Studio Arts and Film Studies and Concordia Research Chair of Relational Art and Phliosophy, inducted to the
The New College of Scholars, Artists and Scientists, Royal Society of Canada
- Accolades to Catherine Russell and Tom Waugh, both professors at Concordia’s Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema, on the publication of their new books.
- Viviane Namaste, a professor and researcher at Concordia’s Simone de Beauvoir Institute (and an Humanities associated faculty member), has won the 2010 Grand Prize from the Quebec Council of Gays and Lesbians (CQGL)
- Kahente Horn-Miller,
BA 99, MA 03,
PhD (Humanities) 09,
2014 Alumna of the Year
Accolades to Saba Haider (Humanities 2014) on the Quebec premiere on May 16th, 2014 of her short film from Lebanon, "Abu Rami" which has now been shown in over 40 festivals.